Watkins Earliest Photographs
|Number||Title||Image (click for larger image)|
||Sutter's Mill, South Fork, American River, Coloma, El Dorado County
- CPM cat. no. 1, unnumbered
- 1875-1883,  Mammoth Plate
- Notes: CMP notes: Silver copy print of a dagguereotype. Even in Watkins's time, this picture would have been considered a historical rarity. This mammoth plate is a copy of a photographâ€”one that may have been ...
- Tags: California | El Dorado County | Mill
|Courtesy of Online Archive of California
||Two-Part Panorama of Guadalupe Quicksilver Mine, Santa Clara County
- CPM cat. no. 2, unnumbered
- 1858,  Mammoth Plate
- Notes: CMP notes: Natural landmarks usually designated the boundary lines between the Spanish and Mexican land grants that existed before California became a state in 1851. Later maps, however, often varied from the o ...
||No Image Available
The contents of CarletonWatkins.org website are subject to
Conditions of Use
Copyright © 2003-2019 Carletonwatkins.org